Pretty sure each of us has been there - horrendous traffic when you're already late, spilling your chocolate smoothie on your new dress, or forgetting your yoga mat at home when you really want and need yoga. Unfortunately those are the awful days and they do happen anytime of the day. On the bright side, it's never too late to get over it and turn the leaf over!
Please allow me to quote Victoria Erickson, "there are 1,000 simple ways to fill your tired soul so you can remember how to be, how to see, and most importantly, how to breathe." But, how?
Anyway - here are 15 simple ways to turn a bad day around in 15 minutes or less;
1. Fresh-cut flowers.
2. Sweat. Can you say, endorphins?
3. Phone a good friend.
4. Listen to a favorite song and sing along
5. Practice deep breathing.
6. Sign out of Facebook.
7. Pin a handful of really inspiring quotes that you see on Pinterest.
8. Go Outside. Look up. Smile.
9. Make a list of all of the things that you are thankful for. Sometimes we forget that the good often times outweighs the bad.
10. Go for your comfort food.
11. Turn to nature.
12. Meditate. Even if you only have a couple of minutes, clear your mind.
13. Hug someone, hug anyone.
14. Start laughing.
15. And if all else fails, there's always yoga. go yoga.